These are the quilts I made for Alanna’s Orphans. I tried a new technique – it looked so easy when our friend did it. For me, sometimes the “easier” techniques turn out to be harder. Like for me, the dreaded applique comes easy. For me, it is fast. This one was – for me – HARD!
I found myself jumping back and forth from cutting to sewing. I did all the quilting at the end. If I were to do another one, I would maybe quilt as I go, but that means a lot of changing threads. . . no, I don’t think I will do any of these again. Sewing through six layers is difficult to do with accuracy, and then doing the quilting – for me – is not easy. I’m glad I tried it, I’m glad I finished the quilts, and I think I will stick to techniques that work better for me.
This coming Monday, March 24, all quilters in Q8 are meeting in a huge Quiltathon to put together quilts for the orphanage. Our goal is 20 quilts. I am secretly hoping we complete more!